Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Second P-zi in the MTC!!!!!

Allo everyone!!

I hope this update finds you all well! Here we are expecting a huge wave of missionaries, about 600 this afternoon and almost as many next Wednesday, so it's a little crazy! In addition, they are doing Mission Presidency training for the next week, so there are a lot more international senior couples! It's really fun to talk to them and help them practice English haha. Weird to think we will be doing the same thing with members over in Romania in LESS THAN A MONTH AAAAAH. Also, the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve will ALL BE HERE during our last week in the MTC. They are selecting a few people to be in a small choir to sing for them when they are here!! Sora Green, Armstrong, and I are going to audition, pray that we make it! What an awesome opportunity to be so close to such incredible disciples of Christ. We are so stoked. On Sunday, we got to watch Elder Bednar's talk, "Characters of Christ". If you haven't watched it, I definitely suggest you check it out! It's one of those things you can watch over and over again and still learn a ton every single time.  My companion (Sora Cutler) and I have taught two investigators so far, George and Maria. They are both so awesome and we love them tons! Our biggest challenge in teaching them is finding the words to express simply what they need to understand, but we are learning more each and every day. We have memorized the Missionary Purpose and the first half of the 1st Vision in Romanian... we have made it a goal in our district to SYL (speak your language) with each other all the time, and I think it will really help!! The language is the hardest part, but it will definitely come the more we are immersed in it. 

One of the biggest things I learned this week was to always look outward. I am trying to find at least three people every day that I can serve, in whatever small way I can. I've found that the more I get lost in the service of others, the more I realize what things in life are really important. Putting on my name tag every day and seeing Jesus Christ's name there reminds me that I am here to do whatever he would do; to serve as he would serve, love as he would love. It's very humbling to know that the Lord trusts us young kids with such important work.

Shoutout to the Griffeth clan for sending me a package with candy and drawings!! I love getting pictures from all of you and hearing how you're doing, so don't be afraid to send me emails/letters, especially through DearElder.com! It's super awesome. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Cu drag, 

Sora Rich
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment