Saturday, December 26, 2015

Come What May and Love It!!!! Oct 27

Allo to all!

This week has been absolutely incredible, and I wish I could share everything that has happened this week with you all, but as you already know, there just isn't time haha. 

Just a quick update on one of the coolest people I've ever met: 
This week with our friend Marina was a testimony to us of the fact that the Lord is truly preparing people for the gospel. Marina is one of the most thoughtful people I've ever met- she reads the Book of Mormon every morning and asks us very inspired questions every time we meet. We have taught her the Restoration, Plan of Salvation, Gospel of Christ, as well as several of the commandments. Last Tuesday, we extended a baptismal invitation to her, and her only concern was finding out if this really is the path God wants her to be on. She has so much faith in receiving an answer, that since that point in our lessons, we have started referencing things in the future not as "if" she gets baptized, but "when" she gets baptized. She absorbs all the doctrine that we teach, most often responding with a nod and a smile, sometimes commenting that it all just makes sense. The gospel does have a familiar ring to her, and it's really cool to see the light and knowledge that is coming into her life as a result of her diligent search for it. Marina came to church for the first time this past Sunday, and absolutely loved it, especially the fact that it's such a family atmosphere. She really feels at home there, and hopes that she and her husband will be able to be there together next Sunday. He is interested in getting baptized as well, since he has seen such a difference in Marina since she started learning about these things. But, since he speaks Russian, Elder Findlay and Tita will be the ones teaching and preparing him for this step. We are so excited for them both!

The past few days have been a bit of an internal struggle for me, in that I feel like I'm still trying to figure out how my best missionary self is in relation to who I was when I came out here. But I am so grateful for the continual support that Sora Seare gives me in trying to figure this all out, as well as the unyielding strength that comes from relying on the Savior. The two phrases that have kept coming to my mind are "come what may and love it" and "how you treat others is a reflection of how you treat yourself." The combination of these two phrases has brought me to the conclusion that the more I fill myself up with positivity, the more easily I can share that positivity with those around me. The positivity that we all have as a result of the gospel of Christ is all centered around our possibility to change for the better, and what wonderful news it is!

Wishing you all the best this week, and Happy Halloween!!
(sadly, they don't really celebrate it here, but I will be joining in the festivities in Spirit by eating candy with you guys on Saturday!)

Cu mult drag,

Sora Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment