Saturday, December 26, 2015

One of Those Faces

Allo everyone!!!

I don't have much time to write today, but I wanted to share a couple cool experiences from my second week with Sora Seare!

First of all, I've heard from several people over the course of the last week that either: 
1) I look like someone they know or 
2) I look Moldovan!
One random lady on the street even came up to me, looked me in the eyes, and said, "...Diana?" She thought I was someone she knew and hadn't seen for a long time! Super crazy haha. Not sure what to make of either of those, but I hope that someday soon I can convince people that I'm Moldovan not just by the way I look, but also the way I speak! Still working furiously to learn how to roll my R's- it's one of the tell tale signs you're an American if you can't haha. Hopefully it will happen someday soon!! 

We started English up again this week, and the first day (Tuesday) was a mad house!! So many people came that every chair in the church was taken within the first 15 minutes; as people came in late, others left because of how packed it was. Literally standing room only! Miracles, I tell you. So many people to teach, it's awesome! Plus, Sora Seare and I make a great teaching team.  We're so similar sometimes it scares me haha.

The funny thing about Sora Seare and I being companions is that we are super similar; usually in a companionship, there is one person that has a stronger, more decisive personality, and one that is more go with the flow. But, both of us are a bit indecisive and go with the flow haha. So we are working on that this week- being more decisive so that we can cover more ground.

One of our really cool lessons we had this week was with our investigator Axenia and a member in the Russian branch (Sora Diana). We talked about the Restoration and the importance of what Joseph Smith did to restore the Gospel of Christ. Sora Diana shared her testimony, and a bunch of paintings the missionaries that taught her a year ago gave her about the life of Joseph Smith. It was very powerful to see the connection between Axenia and Diana already- they're very different people that never would have become friends without the gospel! Super super cool.

For anyone that may be concerned about the Las Vegan Sora freezing her toes off in Moldova, never to fear! I'll send pictures next week of me bundled up like a marshmallow. The rain and the cold ain't never gonna break my stride! Pana luni viitoare, va iubesc!

Cu mult drag, 

Sora Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment